We’re looking for a Senior Marketeer who is ready to step up to our Marketing Director role at Bagboard. You will be a creative growth marketer with a hands-on approach and previous experience working in growing a consumer app in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Co-CEO, the Marketing Director is responsible for expanding the Bagboard platform during an incredibly exciting time in our company’s journey.
Launching in Q2 2021, Bagboard is a people-powered advertising platform and marketplace app that’s on a mission to make shopping consciously easier and more affordable for everyone. We partner with sustainable brands and feature their adverts on eco-friendly smart bags, available for free in shops across London. Using our app, people reuse their smart bags and share their journey data with us in return for conscious coins, our new digital advertising currency. Conscious coins can then be spent back on our brand partners via our in-app marketplace, empowering people to use their spending power to drive conscious consumerism on a global scale.
Our team is sustainably minded, passionate about the opportunity for businesses to combine profit with purpose, and driven by our cutting edge tech that disrupts the way traditional advertising works to the benefit of brands, people – and the planet. We believe that a revolution in how advertising works can lead to a revolution in how we buy – and you should too.
- Commercially-minded and consumer-obsessed, you will be experienced in designing and implementing data-lead customer acquisition and retention strategies to drive high performance and continuous improvement in Bagboard’s growth.
- You’ll be confident in a fast-moving role in a dynamic startup environment, and comfortable working directly with the Co-Founders and collaborating closely with all internal teams. The role will be supported by the Marketing Manager, Brand Guardian & Senior Copywriter.
- Devising and implementing data-led acquisition strategies, optimising every part of the sales funnel
- Improving our understanding of the Bagboard consumer through our conversion funnel consumer feedback, product testing and more
- Working in close collaboration with the tech team to understand key consumer behaviours within the app and develop test-and-learn approaches to improving the app experience and conversion rates
- Target both consumers and potential brand partners in London (and beyond in the near future) by identifying and scaling paid and unpaid digital acquisition channels, including: PPC, social (paid and unpaid), partnerships and affiliates, SEO, content, email and more
- Work closely with operational teams to support the offline distribution of smart bags and conversion channels
- Push us to trial creative new methods for raising awareness of the brand and acquiring new users and brand partners
- Supporting the brands featured on the platform with setting campaign targets, and working with the sales and tech team to provide analytics post-campaign
- Communicating the projects and their outcomes across the business
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience driving growth through digital acquisition channels
- Demonstrable experience in implementing data-led marketing strategies and using web analytics tools
- Experience working in the tech/app space and engaging with tech teams to analyse results and better the experience
- Proven track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement and retention and meeting/exceeding revenue and profitability goals
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset – you’re willing to get ‘in the weeds’
- Experience in managing growth teams and executing an agile marketing strategy
- Experience in a startup culture or an e-commerce/sustainability-focused businesses are desirable but not essential
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- 28 days’ holiday
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Employee share options
The position will begin as a contract role with a 3 month probation, followed by conversion to a permanent position.