Bagboard is a new sustainable advertising platform and marketplace app that’s on a mission to make shopping consciously easier and more affordable for everyone. We partner with sustainable brands (like TALA, Scrumbles, Kind2 and allplants) and feature their adverts on eco-friendly smart bags, available for free via post and in shops across London. Using our app, people reuse their smart bags and share their journey data with us in return for conscious coins, our new digital advertising currency. Conscious coins can then be spent back on our brand partners via our in-app marketplace, empowering people to use their spending power to drive conscious consumerism on a global scale.
Bagboard has been featured in The Evening Standard, The Grocer and National Geographic and secured funding from prestigious partners including Sky Ocean Ventures and Innovate UK. We have also been selected to participate in the highly competitive Plug & Play Corporate Retail Innovation Incubator, as well as the Mayor of London’s innovation accelerator, London & Partners. Our team have also won numerous awards and accolades, including Techround’s Female Entrepreneurs to watch 2021 and top 33 Tech for Good businesses, Campaign Magazine’s Female Frontiers Awards for Transforming Technology, Sustainable Start-Up Shortlist at Start-Up Magazine’s Hustle Awards and most recently, Great British Entrepreneurship Awards shortlist for Sustainable Start-Up.
Bagboard individuals are sustainably minded, passionate about the opportunity for businesses to combine profit with purpose, and driven by cutting edge tech that disrupts the way traditional advertising works to the benefit of brands, people – and the planet. We know that building a global startup from scratch is not for the faint hearted – but our attitude is nothing worth having comes easy. We believe that a revolution in how advertising works can lead to a revolution in how we buy – and the right candidate should too.
Having successfully launched in July 2021, we are seeking a talented and ambitious individual to join our Marketing team. This is a chance to join a disruptive start-up with global potential, and work with a team of driven individuals who are looking to both fundamentally change the advertising industry and support the growth of sustainable brands. Not only should you be a creative growth marketer with a hands-on approach and previous experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, but you should also be a proactive, hungry self-starter ready to spread your wings and challenge yourself to not only meet, but exceed our significant growth plans. You should be diligent, organised and analytical but also willing to challenge the status quo. Reporting to the Marketing Director and co-CEO, you will be responsible for expanding the Bagboard platform during an incredibly exciting time in our company’s journey. This role is at the forefront of pioneering the growth of the platform, by building a community of conscious consumers who are demanding change and looking to find innovative ways to establish the ‘new normal’.
You will be both commercially-minded and consumer-obsessed, experienced in designing and implementing data-lead mobile app acquisition and retention strategies to drive high performance and continuous improvement in Bagboard’s growth. You’ll be confident in a fast-moving startup environment, and comfortable working directly with the Co-Founders and collaborating closely with all internal teams.
- Devising and implementing data-led mobile app acquisition strategies, optimising every part of the sales funnel
- Improving our understanding of the Bagboard consumer through our conversion funnel consumer feedback, product testing and more
- Working in close collaboration with the tech team to understand key consumer behaviours within the app and develop test-and-learn approaches to improving the app experience and conversion rates. Tracking and analysing campaign data to inform decisions.
- Targeting both consumers and potential brand partners in London (and beyond in the near future) by identifying and scaling paid and unpaid digital acquisition channels, including PPC, social (paid and unpaid), partnerships, influencers and affiliates, SEO, content, email and more
- Working closely with operational teams to support the offline distribution of smart bags and conversion channels
- Pushing us to trial creative new methods for raising awareness of the brand and acquiring new users and brand partners
- Supporting the brands featured on the platform with setting campaign targets, promoting Bagboard as part of their partnership and working with the sales and tech team to provide analytics post-campaign
- Communicating the projects and their outcomes across the business
- Managing and building an effective team to ensure consistently high standards of deliverables.
- Minimum 6 years of experience driving growth through digital acquisition channels
- Demonstrable experience in implementing data-led marketing strategies, mobile app acquisition and using web analytics tools
- Experience working in the tech/app space and engaging with tech teams to analyse results and better the experience
- Proven track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement and retention and meeting/exceeding revenue and profitability goals
Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset – you’re willing to get ‘in the weeds’
- Proficient working with everyday marketing platforms, such as Adobe creative suite, Mailchimp, Sprout Social, Monday, Google Ads, Leadpages, etc.
- Experience in managing growth teams and executing an agile marketing strategy
- Experience in a startup culture or an e-commerce/sustainability-focused businesses are desirable but not essential.
- 28 days’ holiday
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Employee share options